FRITZ!Box 7560 Service - Knowledge Base
Callers hear a fax tone
Callers hear a fax tone when they call you. The telephones connected to the FRITZ!Box do not ring or only ring several times and you cannot answer the call.
- A fax (external fax machine, integrated fax function of the FRITZ!Box, or fax software) answers the call immediately, so you cannot use a telephone to answer the call.
Note:All instructions on configuration and settings given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box.
Simply proceed as described below. After each measure, check whether the problem persists.
1 Reconfiguring the fax machine
The following steps are only necessary if a fax is connected to the FRITZ!Box, and the fax answers calls:
- Correctly configure the fax machine in the FRITZ!Box.
2 Disabling the number for the fax function
The following steps are only necessary if you configuring the integrated fax function in the FRITZ!Box:
- Click "Telephony" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Telephony Devices" in the "Telephony" menu.
- Click the button (Edit) for the "Fax Function" entry.
- Disable the telephone number(s) you want to receive calls to.
Important:You must select at least one number for sending faxes. The number you select can then no longer be used to receive telephone calls because the internal fax answers all calls to this number - even telephone calls. You cannot use a number only for faxing.
- Click "OK" to save the settings.
If callers still hear a fax tone, then the FRITZ!Box cannot resolve this issue because another device is answering the call. Most fax devices allow you to configure a ring delay, for example. Refer to the device's manufacturer for information on how to set it up, for example consult the manual.