FRITZ!Box 7530 Service - Knowledge Base
Occasional calls from telephone number 694 or *694*
A telephone connected to the FRITZ!Box occasionally displays incoming calls from the telephone number 694 or *694*.
- The function "Message waiting indication on the telephone (MWI)" is enabled in the FRITZ!Box. This is why the FRITZ!Box calls you from the number 694 to indicate that you have new messages in the mailbox of your telephony provider.
Note:All instructions on configuration and settings given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box.
1 Disabling the option "Message waiting indication on the telephone (MWI)"
If you do not want to be informed about new messages, disable this option:
- Click "Telephony" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Telephony Devices" in the "Telephony" menu.
- Click the (Edit) button for the respective telephone.
- Click on the "Telephony Device Features" tab.
- Disable the option "Message waiting indication on the telephone (MWI)".
- Click "OK" to save the settings.