FRITZ!Box 7530 Service - Knowledge Base
- FRITZ!Box 6840 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6591 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6590 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 5491
- FRITZ!Box 5490
Setting up LAN guest access in the FRITZ!Box
With the LAN guest access you can offer your guests fast and secure internet access via the FRITZ!Box. For this purpose, the FRITZ!Box sets up a guest network that is completely separate from the home network. Therefore, devices in the guest network cannot access the FRITZ!Box or other devices in the home network.
This way your neighbor can use your internet connection via FRITZ!Powerline but not access your personal data, for example.
Requirements / Restrictions
- The guest network is not available if the FRITZ!Box uses the internet connection of another router (Mesh Repeater / IP client).
- IPTV playback and individual FRITZ!Box functions (such as port sharing, telephony) are not available in the guest network.
- Devices in the guest network are configured to automatically obtain IP settings via DHCP.
Note:All instructions on configuration and settings given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box.
1 Configuring guest access
- Click "Home Network" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Network" in the "Home Network" menu.
- Click on the "Network Settings" tab.
- Enable the option "Guest access enabled for LAN 4".
Note:You can customize the captive portal under "Wireless (WLAN) > Guest Access". For example, you can add your company logo or a redirect to a website.
- Click "Apply" to save the settings.
2 Regulating internet use for the guest access
All devices in the guest network are assigned the "Guest" access profile in the FRITZ!Box parental controls. You can adjust the "Guest" access profile, for example if you want to limit internet use in the guest network to certain times or block access to certain websites:
- Click "Internet" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Filters" in the "Internet" menu.
- Click on the "Access Profiles" tab and then the (Edit) button for the "Guest" profile.
- Select the option "restricted" for the "Period".
- Click the "Internet use blocked" button and then hold down the left mouse button while you drag the mouse across the areas of the timetable when internet use should be blocked.
Fig.: Internet access allowed at night and blocked in the morning
- If you want to block access to certain websites, enable the options "Filter websites" and "Block websites (blacklist)".
Note:You can edit the blacklist on the "Lists" tab in the menu "Internet > Filters". It may contain up to 500 web addresses that must be separated by a space (for example "bootleg.com xxx.com weapons.net").
- Click "OK" to save the access profile.