FRITZ!Box 7530 Service - Knowledge Base
FRITZ!Powerline is not marked with Mesh symbol
Although the FRITZ!Powerline adapter was integrated into the Mesh according to our guide, it is not marked with the Mesh symbol in the Mesh overview.
Note:The configuration procedure and notes on functions given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box.
Simply proceed as described below. After each measure, check whether the problem persists.
1 Installing the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Powerline adapter
- Click "Home Network" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click on "Mesh Networking" in the "Home Network" menu.
- Click on the "Mesh Overview" tab.
- Click "Perform update" next to the respective FRITZ!Powerline adapter.
2 Disabling keylock for the FRITZ!Box
- Click "System" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Buttons and LEDs" in the "System" menu.
- Click on the "Keylock" tab.
- Disable the keylock.
- Click "Apply" to save the settings.
3 Integrating FRITZ!Powerline adapter into the Mesh at the touch of a button
You can only integrate devices into the Mesh by pushing the button and not by clicking the "Start WPS" button in the user interface:
- Briefly push the connect button on the FRITZ!Powerline adapter (for about 1 second). All of the LEDs start to flash after you release the connect button.
FRITZ!Powerline model Connect button FRITZ!Powerline 1260E Connect FRITZ!Powerline 1240E WLAN - WPS
Powerline - Security
FRITZ!Powerline 546E WLAN · WPS FRITZ!Powerline 540E
- Within 2 minutes: Push and hold the connect button on the FRITZ!Box until its confirmation LED lights up. Other LEDs may also light up.
FRITZ!Box model Connect button Confirmation LED FRITZ!Box 7590, 7530 Connect / WPS Connect / WPS FRITZ!Box 7582, 7581, 7580, 4040, 3490 WPS Info FRITZ!Box 7560, 7362 SL WLAN Info FRITZ!Box 7490, 7430, 6490, 5491 WLAN WPS Info FRITZ!Box 6591, 6590 Connect / WPS Info
- The process is complete as soon as the FRITZ!Powerline adapter is marked with the Mesh symbol in the Mesh overview of the FRITZ!Box.