Since updating FRITZ!OS, "Power" LED flashes
Since updating FRITZ!OS, the FRITZ!Box can no longer establish a DSL connection. The FRITZ!Box's "Power" LED flashes continuously since the update and the following error message is displayed in the event log of the FRITZ!Box:
"DSL not responding (no DSL synchronization)"
Simply proceed as described below. After each measure, check whether the problem is solved.
Note:All instructions on configuration and settings given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box.
1 Restarting the FRITZ!Box
- Unplug the FRITZ!Box for 5 seconds.
Note:The FRITZ!Box settings are retained. The restart takes about 2 minutes. During this time, you cannot access the FRITZ!Box.
2 Checking the event log of the FRITZ!Box
- Click "System" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Event Log" in the "System" menu.
- If the message "DSL is available (DSL synchronization exists with [...] kbit/s)" is displayed in addition to the message "DSL not responding", follow the instructions in our guide FRITZ!Box reports that the DSL connection drops frequently.
3 Resetting the interference resistance
Set the control for interference resistance to "Maximum Performance" since otherwise you will not be able to establish a DSL connection with some DSL lines:
Note:The interference resistance should only be changed if your DSL connection is occasionally interrupted, for example due to brief disturbances on the DSL line.
- Click "Internet" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "DSL Information" in the "Internet" menu.
- Click on the "Interference Resistance" ("Line Settings") tab. If the tab is not displayed, enable the Advanced View.
- Click the "Reset Setting" link.
- Now the interference resistance is automatically set to "Maximum Performance".
AVM Section Navigation