FRITZ!Box 7530 Service - Knowledge Base
FRITZ!Box reports "PPPoE error"
When in router mode, the FRITZ!Box cannot establish an internet connection. One of the following error messages is displayed in the event log of the FRITZ!Box:
- "PPPoE error: DSL synchronization lost [...]"
- "PPPoE error: Incorrect parameter [...]"
- "PPPoE error: Incorrect service name [...]"
- "PPPoE error: Illegal packet from PPPoE server [...]"
- "PPPoE error: PPPoE server reports a system error [...]"
- "PPPoE error: PPPoE server reports a problem [...]"
- "PPPoE error: Unknown error [...]"
- "PPPoE error: Timeout [...]"
Note:All instructions on configuration and settings given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box.
1 Installing the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box
- Install the latest FRITZ!OS on the FRITZ!Box.
2 Checking DSL synchronization
The following step is only necessary if the FRITZ!Box is connected directly to a DSL line:
- Click "System" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Event Log" in the "System" menu.
- Select "Internet connection" from the drop-down list.
- If the message "DSL is not available" or "DSL not responding" is displayed before each PPPoE error, follow the instructions in our guide DSL connection drops frequently.
3 Correcting the settings for your internet connection
The following step is only necessary if "Other internet service provider" was selected for the internet connection:
- Click "Internet" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Account Information" in the "Internet" menu.
- Click "Change connection settings".
- If your internet service provider requires you to use a VLAN ID, enable the option "Use VLAN for internet access" and enter the VLAN ID.
- Enable the option "Set manually" in the "DSL ATM Settings" section.
- Enter the parameters required by your internet service provider in the "VCI" and "VPI" fields.
- Enable the option "PPPoE".
- Click "Apply" to save the settings.
4 Contacting your provider
- Have your DSL or internet service provider check your internet connection.
Note:Your DSL provider supplies you with the DSL line (often in combination with a telephone connection). The internet service provider supplies the internet access and your account information (user name and password). Your DSL provider can also be your internet service provider.