- FRITZ!Box 7590
- FRITZ!Box 7583 VDSL
- FRITZ!Box 7583
- FRITZ!Box 7582
- FRITZ!Box 7581
- FRITZ!Box 7560
- FRITZ!Box 7530
- FRITZ!Box 7490
- FRITZ!Box 7430
- FRITZ!Box 7390
- FRITZ!Box 7369
- FRITZ!Box 7360
- FRITZ!Box 7272
- FRITZ!Box 6890 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6850 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6840 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6660 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6591 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6590 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 5491
Setting up LAN guest access in the FRITZ!Box
With the LAN guest access you can offer your guests fast and secure internet access via the FRITZ!Box. For this purpose, the FRITZ!Box sets up a guest network that is completely separate from the home network. Therefore, devices in the guest network cannot access the FRITZ!Box or other devices in the home network.
This way your neighbor can use your internet connection via FRITZ!Powerline but not access your personal data, for example.
Requirements / Restrictions
- LAN guest access is not available when the FRITZ!Box is used as a Mesh Repeater or in IP client mode.
- IPTV playback and individual FRITZ!Box functions (such as port sharing, telephony) are not available in the guest network.
- Devices in the guest network are configured to automatically obtain IP settings via DHCP.
Note:All instructions on configuration and settings given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box.
1 Configuring guest access
- Click "Home Network" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Network" in the "Home Network" menu.
- Click on the "Network Settings" tab.
- Enable the option "Guest access enabled for LAN 4".
Note:You can customize the captive portal under "Wi-Fi > Guest Access" ("Wireless > Guest Access"). For example, you can add your company logo or a redirect to a website.
- Click "Apply" to save the settings.
2 Regulating internet use for the guest access
All devices in the guest network are assigned the "Guest" access profile in the FRITZ!Box parental controls. This way, in Germany all websites the German Federal Department for Media Harmful to Young Persons (BPjM) has deemed offensive or harmful to minors are blocked by default.
You can manually adjust the "Guest" access profile if necessary, for example if you want to limit internet use in the guest network to certain times or block access to certain websites:
- Click "Internet" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Filters" in the "Internet" menu.
- Click on the "Access Profiles" tab and then the (Edit) button for the "Guest" profile.
- Select the option "restricted" for the "Period".
- Click the "Internet use blocked" button and then hold down the left mouse button while you drag the mouse across the areas of the timetable when internet use should be blocked.
Fig.: Internet access allowed at night and blocked in the morning
- If you want to block certain websites, enable the options "Filter websites" and "Block websites". You can create your own list with blocked websites or only block websites that are indexed by the German Federal Review Board for Media Harmful to Minors (BPjM).
Note:The BPjM module is only available if you select Germany as the country of use under "System > Region and Language".
- Click "OK" to save the access profile.
AVM Section Navigation