Using the FRITZ!DECT radiator control in the FRITZ!Box home network
Radiator controls, for example FRITZ!DECT 301, are integrated into the FRITZ!Box home network via an encrypted DECT connection (DECT ULE). Then you can use the FRITZ!Box user interface to set up an individual heating program.
Requirements / Restrictions
- A maximum of twelve radiator controls can be registered with the FRITZ!Box.
Note:All instructions on configuration and settings given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box.
1 Establishing a DECT connection
- Push the "Fon/DECT" button on your FRITZ!Box. Hold down the button for at least 6 seconds until the "Fon/DECT" LED on the FRITZ!Box starts to flash. The FRITZ!Box is in registration mode as long as the LED flashes.
- Push the "MENU" button on the radiator control within 2 minutes.
- Select the menu item "FUNK" or "Anmeldung" on the radiator control and then push the "OK" button.
- The message "Anmeldung war erfolgreich" is shown in the display of FRITZ!DECT 301.
- Wait until "SUCH" flashes in the display of FRITZ!DECT 300 and then push the "OK" button.
The DECT connection is established as soon as the symbol for the radio connection is shown continuously in the display of the radiator control.
2 Installing FRITZ!DECT on the radiator and adjusting it to valve lift
The radiator control must first be mounted on the radiator and then adjusted to the valve lift of the radiator valve:
- Remove the thermostat from the radiator.
- If necessary, mount the appropriate adapter.
- Mount the radiator control.
- If you are using FRITZ!DECT 301, follow the instructions shown on the display for adjusting it to the valve lift. The valve adjustment is successfully completed as soon as the temperature is shown on the display.
- If you are using FRITZ!DECT 300, push the "OK" button for about 3 seconds to adjust the valve lift. "ADAP" is shown on the display and the valve adjustment is successfully completed as soon as the temperature is shown on the display.
3 Setting up the radiator control
- Click "Smart Home" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Device Management" in the "Smart Home" menu.
- Click the (Edit) button for the respective radiator control.
- Configure the desired settings.
- Enable the option "Push service enabled" so that you receive an email if the battery is low, the radio connection is lost, or there are errors in the radiator control.
Note:You can find information on setting up the push service in this guide.
- Click "OK" to save the settings.
Since radiator controls operate according to the DECT ULE (Ultra Low Energy) standard, they only communicate with the FRITZ!Box at longer intervals to save energy and minimize DECT radiation. As a result, it can take 15 minutes for the settings to be transferred to the radiator control. It can take up to 60 minutes during vacation switching and the phase when the radiator is turned off. To transmit the settings immediately, just push any button on the radiator control.
Smart heating with FRITZ!DECT 301
AVM Section Navigation