- FRITZ!Box 7390
- FRITZ!Box 7369
- FRITZ!Box 7360
- FRITZ!Box 7340
- FRITZ!Box 7330
- FRITZ!Box 7272
- FRITZ!Box 6890 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6850 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6840 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6660 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6591 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6590 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 5491
FRITZ!Box does not or occasionally does not detect a USB printer
The FRITZ!Box does not or occasionally does not detect a USB printer connected to it. When the error occurs, the printer is not displayed in the FRITZ!Box user interface under "Home Network > USB / Storage".
If the FRITZ!Box frequently redetects the printer, the message "USB device xxx, Class 'USB x.x (full-speed) printer', plugged in" is displayed in the event log of the FRITZ!Box several times.
Simply proceed as described below. After each measure, check whether the problem is solved.
1 Restarting the FRITZ!Box
- Unplug the FRITZ!Box for 5 seconds.
Note:The FRITZ!Box settings are retained when you disconnect it. The restart takes about 2 minutes. During this time, you cannot access the FRITZ!Box.
2 Installing the latest FRITZ!OS
- Install the latest FRITZ!OS on the FRITZ!Box.
3 Connecting the printer directly to the FRITZ!Box
Perform the following step if the printer is connected to the FRITZ!Box via a USB hub:
- For testing purposes, connect the printer directly to the FRITZ!Box, i.e. without a USB hub.
- If the printer is now detected, the USB hub is either defective or it does not support the printer you connected.
4 Testing a different cable
The USB cable being used to connect the printer to the FRITZ!Box may be too long or it may be an incorrect USB cable:
- Use the shortest possible, high-quality USB cable to connect the printer to the FRITZ!Box.
5 Connecting all-in-one printers via the USB remote connection
All-in-one printers (multi-functional devices that are for for printing, scanning, and faxing) register themselves with the FRITZ!Box as several different device types. If you want to use all of the functions of the all-in-one printer with your FRITZ!Box, use the FRITZ!Box USB remote connection software:
- Use the FRITZ!Box USB remote connection to connect your all-in-one printer to your computer.
6 Checking whether the printer is working properly
- For testing purposes, connect the printer to a USB port on your computer.
- If the computer does not detect the printer, either the printer or the USB cable is defective. In this case, contact the manufacturer.
AVM Section Navigation