FRITZ!Box 7490 Service - Knowledge Base
Setting up telephony on the Mesh Repeater
You can automatically transfer all of the telephone numbers configured in the Mesh Master to a FRITZ!Box that is configured as a Mesh Repeater. The numbers can then be used for all of the telephones connected to the Mesh Repeater.
During set up, the Mesh Repeater receives up to 20 internet and landline numbers from the Mesh Master. If new telephone numbers are configured in the Mesh Master, they are automatically transmitted to the Mesh Repeater.
Requirements / Restrictions
- FRITZ!OS 7 or later is installed on the Mesh Master and the Mesh Repeater.
1 Enabling telephony
- Click on "Home Network" in the user interface of the Mesh Master.
- Click on "Mesh Networking" in the "Home Network" menu.
- Click on the "Mesh Settings" tab.
- In the "Use Telephony in the Mesh" section, click the "Enable" link next to the respective Mesh Repeater and on the Mesh Master, confirm that the procedure may be executed if asked to do so.
2 Enabling calls to international and premium numbers
After setting up telephony in the Mesh, only national calls and calls to emergency numbers are possible from the Mesh Repeater. You can disable this security feature:
- Click on "Telephony" in the user interface of the Mesh Master.
- Click "Telephone Numbers" in the "Telephony" menu.
- Click on the "Line Settings" tab.
- Click on "Change selection" in the "Security" section.
- Disable the option for the Mesh Repeater that is allowed to dial international and premium numbers.
- Click "OK" to save the settings and on the Mesh Master, confirm that the procedure may be executed if asked to do so.
3 Making internal calls
If you want to make internal calls, you must first make a broadcast call (**9) once with each telephone connected to every FRITZ!Box. When you make the broadcast call, the telephones are added to the internal telephone books of all the other FRITZ!Boxes. If you have a FRITZ!Fon, the telephones are then also displayed when you press its "INT" button.
Note:The internal numbers of your telephony devices can be found under "Telephone Book > Internal Numbers" in the user interface of the respective FRITZ!Box.
4 Functions supported by the Mesh Repeater
You can make internal calls with the Mesh Repeater and use the functions CLIP (displaying caller's telephone number) and CLIR (blocking your telephone number). We cannot guarantee that other functions can be used. This is the case with busy on busy and call-back on busy / no response, for example. In addition, neither faxing nor data connections are reliable.
How many calls can be conducted depends on the Mesh Master. Depending on the FRITZ!Box model, between two and four calls can be conducted at the same time. The Mesh Master counts each call conducted via the Mesh Repeater as an internet call with an IP telephone.
The Mesh Repeater does not function as a DECT repeater. It is therefore not possible to switch from the DECT area of the Mesh Master to the DECT area of the Mesh Repeater or vice versa while conducting a call. However, you can register a cordless telephone with both FRITZ!Boxes and manually select the desired access point.
Note:If you need a DECT repeater, you can use the FRITZ!DECT Repeater 100 instead.