FRITZ!Box 7490 Service - Knowledge Base
Computer does not start automatically when accessed from the Internet
Although the option "Start this computer automatically as soon as it is accessed from the Internet" is enabled for your computer in the FRITZ!Box, it does not automatically start when it is accessed from the Internet.
- The FRITZ!Box does not send the Magic Packet required to automatically start the computer ("Wake on LAN").
1 Wait for upcoming FRITZ!OS
We are currently working on a solution and shall correct this behavior with a FRITZ!OS update for the FRITZ!Box as soon as possible. We cannot give you an exact release date for the update yet.
Note:You can have the push service notify you by e-mail when new updates are available. In addition, you can configure the FRITZ!Box so that new updates are installed automatically. You can enable these options under "System > Push Service" or "System > Update > Auto Update" in the user interface.
- Open the FRITZ!Box user interface over the Internet.
- Click "Home Network" and then "Network".
- Click the "Edit" button for the computer that is to be started.
- Click the "Start Computer" button.
Now the computer will be woken from standby mode. After about 10 seconds you can access shared files and server services on the computer.