FRITZ!Box 7430 Service - Knowledge Base
Saving and restoring FRITZ!Box settings
The FRITZ!Box settings can be saved to a backup file. This file can then be used to restore all or only selected settings (for example telephone books, Internet account information, and wireless settings) at a later point in time. The FRITZ!Box model and installed FRITZ!OS version determines which settings can be restored:
- You can restore all of the settings to any FRITZ!Box that is the same model and same edition, as long as the same or a later FRITZ!OS version is installed.
- Certain settings can be applied regardless of the FRITZ!Box model and FRITZ!OS version.
Note:The configuration procedure and notes on functions given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for your FRITZ!Box.
1 Saving settings
2 Restoring settings
- Click "System" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Backup" in the "System" menu.
- Click on the "Restore" tab.
- Enter the password you entered when saving the file.
- Click "Browse" and select the file "FRITZ.Box[...].export" with the settings you would like to restore.
- If you would only like to restore certain settings, enable the option "Select manually the settings to be restored".
- Click the "Restore" button and confirm that the procedure may be executed on the FRITZ!Box, if you are asked to do so.
- If you are asked to select settings, enable the ones you would like to restore and click "Apply".
- The settings are now restored. Afterwards, you may then have to re-register all DECT devices (for example telephones, repeaters).
Note:All of the settings for your cordless telephones remain intact if you use their menus to register them and not the Wizard for telephony devices.