FRITZ!Box 7430 Service - Knowledge Base
FRITZ!Box reports "Could not complete the indexing of the storage medium"
The FRITZ!Box cannot generate the file index for one or more storage devices. When you attempt to update the file index with the FRITZ!Box user interface, the error message "Could not complete the indexing of the storage medium" is displayed.
- The file index is corrupt, the storage in question is write-protected, or there is not enough space available on the storage.
Note:The configuration procedure and notes on functions given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for your FRITZ!Box.
1 Removing write protection
- Make sure that the USB storage device is not write-protected. Some USB memory sticks have a write-protection switch to activate write protection, for example.
2 Freeing up storage space
- Make sure that at least 10% of the storage capacity on the affected storage is available.
3 Deleting the file index
- Switch to the directory \FRITZ\mediabox on the storage device.
- Delete all of the files in this directory with the file extension .db3, for example fritznasdb_part.db3 or fritznasdb_ptmp.db3.
4 Updating the file index
- Click "Home Network" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Storage (NAS)" in the "Home Network" menu.
- In the table "Storage on the FRITZ!Box", click on "not created" or "was created" for every storage listed that contains files.