FRITZ!Box 7430 Service - Knowledge Base
Using a Comet DECT in the FRITZ!Box home network
When mounted on your radiator, Comet DECT regulates the room temperature. As soon as the device has been registered with the FRITZ!Box, you can use the user interface of your FRITZ!Box to easily configure and operate it. The connection to the FRITZ!Box is established over DECT.
Requirements / Restrictions
- Comet DECT is mounted on the radiator valve and has been adapted.
Note:You can find information on mounting and adapting your Comet DECT in its manual, or consult the manufacturer.
- A maximum of twelve Comet DECT devices can be registered with the FRITZ!Box.
Note:The configuration procedure and notes on functions given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for your FRITZ!Box.
1 Establishing a DECT connection
- Push the "DECT" button on the FRITZ!Box and hold it down until the "DECT" or "Info" LED on the FRITZ!Box begins to flash.
- Now push the "MENU" button on Comet DECT within 2 minutes.
- Use the setting wheel on Comet DECT to select the menu item "FUNK" and then push the "OK" button.
- Wait until "SUCH" flashes in the display and then press the "OK" button.
- "OK" is shown briefly in the display.
Now Comet DECT automatically registers itself with the FRITZ!Box. The DECT connection is established as soon as the "Radio link" icon in the display of Comet DECT lights up continuously.
2 Configuring Comet DECT
- Click "Home Network" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Smart Home" in the "Home Network" menu.
- If available, select the option "All smart home devices" in the drop-down list "viewing".
- Click the button (Edit) for the relevant device.
- Configure the desired settings.
- Click "OK" to save the settings.
3 Accessing Comet DECT over the Internet
The following steps are only necessary if you would like to securely access Comet DECT over the Internet. The FRITZ!Box user interface is used to access it: