FRITZ!Box 7430 Service - Knowledge Base
Function of dialing rules and how to configure them
Telephones connected to the FRITZ!Box automatically use a particular number to make calls, depending on the setting. You can override this setting and use dialing rules to define which telephone number the FRITZ!Box to make outgoing calls to numbers in a particular number range (for example to mobile telephone numbers) or to a particular number.
Requirements / Restrictions
- Provider prefixes (call-by-call numbers) can only be used for landline numbers.
Note:The configuration procedure and notes on functions given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for your FRITZ!Box.
1 Function of dialing rules
You can create dialing rules for individual numbers as well as number ranges, and use them to define how the connection is established. For example, you can define that
- calls to particular number ranges (for example 001) are always made using a particular internet telephone number
- calls to a particular number are always made using a particular internet telephone number.
2 Configuring dialing rules
- Click "Telephony" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Call Handling" in the "Telephony" menu.
- Click on the "Dialing Rules" tab.
- Click the "New Dialing Rule" button.
- In the drop-down list "Number range", select which type of telephone calls the dialing rule applies to. If you selected "Telephone number" for the range, also enter a telephone number or number range:
Enter 030 if the dialing rule is to apply for all calls to Berlin.
- In the drop-down list "Connect via", select the telephone number that should be used to make these calls. If you select "Internet", the FRITZ!Box uses the first internet telephone number set up under "Telephony > Telephone Numbers".
- Click "OK" to save the settings.