FRITZ!Box 7390 Service - Knowledge Base
- FRITZ!Box 7590
- FRITZ!Box 7583
- FRITZ!Box 7582
- FRITZ!Box 7581
- FRITZ!Box 7560
- FRITZ!Box 7530
- FRITZ!Box 7490
- FRITZ!Box 7430
- FRITZ!Box 7369
- FRITZ!Box 7360
- FRITZ!Box 7340
- FRITZ!Box 7330
- FRITZ!Box 7272
- FRITZ!Box 6890 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6840 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6810 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6591 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6590 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 5491
- FRITZ!Box 5490
Transmitting own telephone number (outgoing caller ID)
When you make calls, you can automatically transmit your telephone number (caller ID) to the person you are calling. The person you call can then see your telephone number in the display of their telephone.
- The feature caller ID blocking (CLIR) for individual calls must have been enabled by your telephony provider.
Note:All instructions on configuration and settings given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box.
- Enter #514*0*#91** on your telephone and press the call key (pick up the handset).
- Hang up again after about 3 seconds.
2 Transmitting your caller ID when using call through
If you have configured "call through" in the FRITZ!Box and then use this function to make a call, your caller ID will not be transmitted automatically. However, you can transmit the telephone number of the telephone line that your FRITZ!Box is connected to on an individual basis (only for one call):
- Enter the prefix #31# before entering the telephone number you want to be routed to.
Important:The number of the telephone line you are calling the FRITZ!Box from cannot be transmitted.
3 Disabling caller ID blocking (CLIR)
To transmit your telephone number to the parties you call, you must disable caller ID blocking, or CLIR (Calling Line Identification Restriction) for short, in the FRITZ!Box or your telephone. The procedure depends on the type of telephone you are using:
Disabling caller ID blocking for analog and cordless telephones
- Click "Telephony" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Telephony Devices" in the "Telephony" menu.
- Click the (Edit) button for the respective telephone device.
- Click on the "Telephony Device Features" tab.
- Disable the option "Calling line identification restriction (CLIR)".
- Click "OK" to save the settings.
Disabling caller ID blocking for IP telephones
- Disable caller ID blocking directly on the IP telephone. Refer to the device's manufacturer for information on how to set it up, for example consult the manual.
Note:You can disable caller ID blocking (CLIR) in FRITZ!App Fon by tapping "More > Settings > Tel. No. Suppressed".
Disabling caller ID blocking for ISDN telephones
- Disable caller ID blocking directly on the ISDN telephone. Refer to the device's manufacturer for information on how to set it up, for example consult the manual.