FRITZ!Box 7390 Service - Knowledge Base
Using a Nintendo Switch in the FRITZ!Box home network
You can easily connect your Nintendo Switch console to your FRITZ!Box over wireless LAN (WiFi). Then you can use your Nintendo Switch to play with other users all over the world and access the Nintendo eShop.
1 Enabling the FRITZ!Box's DHCP server
The FRITZ!Box is configured as a DHCP server in the factory settings. If you disabled the FRITZ!Box's DHCP server, configure the following settings:
- Click "Home Network" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Home Network Overview" in the "Home Network" menu.
- Click on the "Network Settings" tab.
- Click the "IPv4 Addresses" button.
- Enable the DHCP server and define the range from which the FRITZ!Box assigns IP addresses.
Note:The FRITZ!Box has the IP address 192.168.178.1 (subnet mask 255.255.255.0) and assigns IP addresses from xxx.20 to xxx.200 in the factory settings.
- Click "OK" to save the settings.
2 Connecting the Nintendo Switch to the FRITZ!Box
- Tap the "System Settings" button in the main menu of the Nintendo Switch.
- Tap "Internet" in the "System Settings" menu.
- Tap "Internet Settings".
- In the list of available networks, tap the one that displays the name of the FRITZ!Box's wireless network (SSID).
Note:This guide contains information on determining the FRITZ!Box's wireless settings.
- Enter the FRITZ!Box's network key and confirm the entry.
- Now the configuration of the wireless connection is complete and the connection is established.
- Tap "OK" to save the connection settings.
Now the Nintendo Switch is connected to the Internet via the FRITZ!Box. You can play online games or access Nintendo's eShop.
Note:It is not necessary to set up port sharing in the FRITZ!Box in order to play online games with the Nintendo Switch. You can find further information on setting up the Nintendo Switch on the Nintendo website, for example.