FRITZ!Box 7390 Service - Knowledge Base
Computer does not start automatically when accessed from the Internet
Although the option "Start this computer automatically as soon as it is accessed from the Internet" is enabled for your computer in the FRITZ!Box, it does not automatically start when it is accessed from the Internet.
- The FRITZ!Box does not send the Magic Packet required to automatically start the computer ("Wake on LAN").
Note:The configuration procedure and notes on functions given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for your FRITZ!Box.
1 Using the FRITZ!Box user interface to start the computer
Start the computer manually using the FRITZ!Box user interface:
- Open the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Home Network" and then "Home Network Overview" in the user interface.
- Click on the "Network Connections" tab.
- Click the "Edit" button for the computer that is to be started.
- Click the "Start Computer" button.
Now the computer will be awoken from standby mode. You can access shared files and server services on the computer shortly afterwards, often after only a couple of seconds.