FRITZ!Box 7390 Service - Knowledge Base
Creating an internal call group (group call) in FRITZ!Box
Unlike the paging call that causes all telephones to ring, you can use the group call feature to specify which particular telephones configured in the FRITZ!Box you wish to address simultaneously. For example, if you use a door intercom system, you can use the group call to define which telephones react.
Note:The configuration procedure and notes on functions given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for your FRITZ!Box.
1 Configuring the FRITZ!Box
- Click "Telephony" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Telephone Book" in the "Telephony" menu.
- Switch to the first telephone book.
- Click the "New Entry" button.
- Enter a name for the new telephone book entry, for example "group call".
- For the telephone number, enter the internal numbers of those telephones that should react to the group call. Start the entry with ** and separate the numbers with a #.
If you want the telephone connected to Extension 1, the first DECT telephone you configured and the first IP telephone to ring, enter the number **1#610#620.
Note:You can find the internal number of all telephones under "Telephone Book > Internal Numbers" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Make note of the quick-dial number automatically assigned to the telephone book entry.
Note:You can also assign a new quick-dial number. The new quick-dial number must consist of two numerals and cannot be used in the telephone book yet.
- Click "OK" to save the settings.
Now you can use the quick-dial number to place a call to the group that you configured.