FRITZ!Box 7369 Service - Knowledge Base
Setting up a door intercom system in the FRITZ!Box
If the door to your house is equipped with a door intercom, you can connect a door intercom system to your PBX and simply use your telephone to operate the door opener.
Requirements / Restrictions
- The door intercom system must have an a/b interface that can call a number using tone-dialing when a button is pressed. Other 2-wire or 4-wire solutions are not supported.
Note:The configuration procedure and notes on functions given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for your FRITZ!Box.
1 Configuring the FRITZ!Box
- Click "Telephony" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Telephony Devices" in the "Telephony" menu.
- If the analog extension ("FON 1") that you connected the door intercom system to is already listed, click the button (Delete) for the device.
- Click the "Configure New Device" button.
- Enable the option "Door intercom system with a/b interface" and click "Next".
- When a bell button is pressed, the door intercom system calls the destination number. In the "Extension number" fields, enter the numbers set for the individual doorbells in the door intercom system.
- Then select the telephone or number the doorbell should be forwarded to from the "Forward doorbells to" drop-down list:
Important:You can either select one or several internal numbers, or you can select an external number. You cannot combine internal and external numbers.
- If a specific telephone should ring, select the respective telephone.
- If you want all of the telephones (broadcast cal) should ring, select "All telephones".
- If an external telephone number (e.g. another telephone line, mobile telephone) should ring, select "Telephone number" and enter the destination number.
- If more than one telephone connected to the FRITZ!Box (call group) should ring:
- Select the option "Telephone number".
- Enter the quick-dial number for an internal call group, for example 701.
- Click "Next" and then "Apply" to save the settings.