Setting up a door intercom system in the FRITZ!Box
If the door to your house is equipped with a door intercom, you can connect a door intercom system to your PBX and simply use your telephone to operate the door opener.
Requirements / Restrictions
- The door intercom system must have an a/b interface that uses DTMF tone dialing. Other 2-wire or 4-wire solutions are not supported.
Note:All instructions on configuration and settings given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box.
1 Configuring the FRITZ!Box
- Click "Telephony" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Telephony Devices" in the "Telephony" menu.
- If the analog extension ("FON 1") that you connected the door intercom system to is already listed, click the (Delete) button for the device.
- Click the "Configure New Device" button.
- Enable the option "Door intercom system with a/b interface" and click "Next".
- When a bell button is pressed, the door intercom system calls the destination call number. In the "Extension number" fields, enter the numbers set for the individual doorbells in the door intercom system.
Important:You may not use any internal telephone numbers of telephony devices connected to the FRITZ!Box for the bell buttons.
- Then select the telephone or number the doorbell should be forwarded to from the drop-down list "Forward doorbells to":
Important:You can either select one or several internal numbers, or you can select an external telephone number. You cannot combine internal and external numbers.
- If you want a specific telephone to ring, select the respective telephone.
- If you want all of the connected telephones (broadcast call) to ring, select "All telephones".
- If you want an external telephone number (for example another telephone line, mobile telephone) to ring, select "Telephone number" and enter the destination telephone number.
- If you want several telephones connected to the FRITZ!Box (call group) to ring:
- Select the option "Telephone number".
- Enter the quick-dial number for an internal call group, for example 701.
- Click "Next" and then "Apply" to save the settings.
AVM Section Navigation