FRITZ!Box 7369 Service - Knowledge Base
- FRITZ!Box 6820 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6810 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6590 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 5490
- FRITZ!Box 4040
Using a Blu-ray player in the FRITZ!Box home network
If your Blu-ray player has a network port or is equipped with wireless LAN (WiFi), you can simply connect it to a LAN port or the wireless network of your FRITZ!Box. The Blu-ray player can then access the internet and be used as a playback device for multimedia contents such as photos, videos, or music.
Note:The configuration procedure and notes on functions given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for your FRITZ!Box.
1 Configuring the FRITZ!Box
In the factory settings, the FRITZ!Box automatically assigns the correct IP settings to all devices via DHCP. If you disabled the FRITZ!Box's DHCP server, re-enable it:
- Click "Home Network" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Network" in the "Home Network" menu.
- Click on the "Network Settings" tab.
- Click the "IPv4 Addresses" button. If the button is not displayed, enable the Advanced View first.
- Enable the DHCP server and define the range from which the FRITZ!Box assigns IP addresses.
Note:The FRITZ!Box has the IP address 192.168.178.1 (subnet mask 255.255.255.0) and assigns IP addresses from xxx.20 to xxx.200 in the factory settings.
- Click "OK" to save the settings.
2 Configuring the Blu-ray player
Make sure that the Blu-ray player obtains its IP settings from the FRITZ!Box:
- Configure the Blu-ray player to automatically obtain IP settings via DHCP (this is the standard setting for most Blu-ray players). Refer to the manufacturer for information on how to set it up, for example consult the manual.
3 Connecting the Blu-ray player to the FRITZ!Box
- Either use a network cable or wireless LAN to connect the Blu-ray player to the FRITZ!Box.
Now the Blu-ray player is connected to the internet via the FRITZ!Box. It can play multimedia contents from the FRITZ!Box media server and other media servers in the home network (for example computers with the Windows Media Player).
Note:Refer to the manufacturer for further information on how to set up the Blue-ray player.