FRITZ!Box 7369 Service - Knowledge Base
Functions and features that can be used with cordless telephones
The FRITZ!Box supports the DECT standard and the DECT-GAP profile. The DECT-GAP profile allows DECT devices from different manufacturers to communicate with each other. The FRITZ!Box allows you to use all of the functions defined in this profile, as well as offering additional ones. Which functions can be used in addition to the ones covered by DECT-GAP depends on the telephone's manufacturer.
Note:You can refer to Gigaset's compatibility list to check which functions can be used with a particular Gigaset cordless telephone.
1 Functions that can always be used
- Secure ("encrypted") calls
- Call Waiting
- Call rejection on busy (busy on busy)
- Three-party conference call
- Alternating between calls
- Explicit Call Transfer (ECT)
2 Functions you may be able to use
CLIP can often be used
CLIP is a function for incoming calls. With CLIP, the caller's number is shown in the display of the telephone if the caller transmits the telephone number. CLIP can be used with all FRITZ!Fon models and many Gigaset devices. However, AVM cannot guarantee that CLIP will function with telephones from other manufacturers.
DECT Eco is rarely available
With DECT Eco, the DECT field is completely turned off as soon as all of the cordless telephones are in standby mode. DECT Eco can be used only if all cordless telephones registered with the FRITZ!Box support DECT Eco. In addition to current FRITZ!Fon models, some other telephones from other manufacturers also support this function. However, AVM cannot guarantee that DECT Eco will function with telephones from other manufacturers.
3 Additional functions that can be used in combination with FRITZ!Fon
With a FRITZ!Fon you can use significantly more of the functions offered by the FRITZ!Box than with a cordless telephone from another manufacturer. These functions include the following, for example:
- The telephone indicates when you missed a call.
- The menu can be used to operate the FRITZ!Box's answering machines.
- Calls can be establish directly from the call list or the FRITZ!Box's telephone book.
- You can use the "Telephony > Anonymous call" menu to suppress your caller ID when making the next call (CLIR).
- You can use the "Telephony > Own telephone no." menu to select a different number to be used for the next outgoing call.
- The telephones get the time from the FRITZ!Box's clock.
- Entries in the call list of your telephones can be copied to the FRITZ!Box's telephone book.
- Contact pictures can be added to the FRITZ!Box telephone book (only if you have a FRITZ!Fon model with a color display).