FRITZ!Box 7369 Service - Knowledge Base
- FRITZ!Box 6820 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6810 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6590 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 5490
- FRITZ!Box 4040
Loading the FRITZ!Box factory settings
When you load the factory settings, all of the individual settings you made in the FRITZ!Box are deleted. It makes sense to load the factory settings if you are going to use the FRITZ!Box at a different location or are planning to pass the FRITZ!Box on to another user, for example. In addition, this deletes incorrect settings that prevent the FRITZ!Box from functioning properly.
You can either use the user interface or a telephone connected to the FRITZ!Box to load the factory settings.
Note:The configuration procedure and notes on functions given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for your FRITZ!Box.
1 Loading the factory settings with the user interface
- Click "System" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Backup" in the "System" menu.
- Click on the "Factory Settings" tab.
- Click the "Load Factory Settings" button.
2 Loading factory settings with a telephone
You cannot use an IP telephone, for example FRITZ!App Fon, to send key commands to the FRITZ!Box; you therefore cannot use IP telephones to load the factory settings:
Configuring a telephone to use the keypad function
Keypad sequences are strings of characters and digits that can be used to enable or disable functions. You can use keypad sequences right away with telephones, such as FRITZ!Fon C5, that are registered with the base station of your FRITZ!Box. If you are using a cordless telephone that is not registered with the FRITZ!Box's base station, you must first set up the keypad function:
- Configure the devices so that you can send keypad sequences (sequences of symbols and digits, such as *121#) and enter special characters such as * and # with them. With many telephones, you can use the menu "Operation at a PBX > Dialing options > Dial * and #" to configure this.
Loading the factory settings
- Enter #991*15901590* on your telephone and press the call key (lift the receiver).
- Hang up again after about 3 seconds.