Setting up an analog telephone in the FRITZ!Box
You can connect an analog corded telephone or an analog cordless telephone with its own base station to the FRITZ!Box. Once you have configured the telephone, you can make calls with it using all of the telephone numbers you configured in the FRITZ!Box.
Note:All instructions on configuration and settings given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box.
1 Configuring telephone numbers in the FRITZ!Box
Configure all of your telephone numbers in the FRITZ!Box:
Configuring internet telephone numbers
- Configure the internet telephone numbers in the FRITZ!Box.
Configuring a landline number
- Configure the landline number in the FRITZ!Box.
Configuring a mobile telephone number
- Configure your mobile telephone number in the FRITZ!Box.
2 Connecting the telephone to the FRITZ!Box
- Connect the telephone to the analog extension on your FRITZ!Box.
3 Configuring a telephone in the FRITZ!Box
- Click "Telephony" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Telephony Devices" in the "Telephony" menu.
- If the telephone already exists in the list of telephony devices, click the (Delete) button for the telephone.
- Reconfigure the telephone: Click the "Configure New Device" button.
- Enable the option "Telephone (with or without answering machine)" and click "Next".
- Select the "FON 1" socket and click "Next". A wizard takes you through the configuration.
Important:If you cannot select the socket the telephone is connected to during setup, then another telephony device was already configured for that port. Delete that device.
AVM Section Navigation