FRITZ!Box 7369 Service - Knowledge Base
Configuring call forwarding through the exchange
With call forwarding through the exchange, you can automatically divert incoming calls to a different line, for example to your mobile telephone. Calls are forwarded by the telephone exchange of your telephony provider and not in the FRITZ!Box.
Requirements / Restrictions
- The telephony provider supports configuration of call forwarding.
Note:With some telephony providers, you can also configure call forwarding in your personal customer area in the Internet.
- Call forwarding can be configured for an Internet number. Call forwarding cannot be configured for analog landline numbers.
- No dialing rule or call blocks have been configured in the FRITZ!Box for the destination number.
Note:The configuration procedure and notes on functions given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for your FRITZ!Box.
1 Using the FRITZ!Box user interface to configure call forwarding
- Click "Telephony" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Call Handling" in the "Telephony" menu.
- Click on the "Call Diversion" tab.
- Click the "New Call Diversion" button.
- Enable the option "Calls to a telephone number / telephone" under "Which calls should be diverted?".
- Select the desired telephone number.
- Enable the option "Destination telephone number" in the "Divert calls to" section.
- Enter the number that incoming calls should be forwarded to.
- Select "automatically" from the drop-down list "Outgoing caller ID".
- Select "immediately", "delayed" or "when busy" as the "Type of call diversion".
Important:You cannot use "long delay" or "parallel call" when setting up call forwarding over the FRITZ!Box.
- Click "OK" to save the settings.