FRITZ!Box 7369 Service - Knowledge Base
- FRITZ!Box 7360
- FRITZ!Box 7330
- FRITZ!Box 7272
- FRITZ!Box 6890 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6840 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6820 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6810 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6591 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6590 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 5491
- FRITZ!Box 5490
Computer does not start automatically when accessed from the internet
Although the option "Start this computer automatically as soon as it is accessed from the internet" is enabled for your computer in the FRITZ!Box, it does not automatically start when it is accessed from the internet.
- The FRITZ!Box does not send the Magic Packet required to automatically start the computer ("Wake on LAN").
1 Using the FRITZ!Box user interface to start the computer
The FRITZ!Box can only send the Magic Packet required to automatically start the computer if the computer was inactive for the last 15 minutes. If the computer was active within the last 15 minutes, use the FRITZ!Box user interface to start it manually:
- Open the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Home Network" and then "Network" in the user interface.
- Click the button (Edit) for the computer that is to be started.
- Click the "Start Computer" button.
Now the computer will be awoken from standby mode. You can access shared files and server services on the computer shortly afterwards, often after only a couple of seconds.