FRITZ!Box 7369 Service - Knowledge Base
Setting up a DMZ with the FRITZ!Box
A DMZ (demilitarized zone) refers to a special network that can be accessed from the Internet as well as from the local network (LAN). A firewall completely blocks all access from the DMZ to the LAN. This concept allows you to make server services (such as e-mail servers) in the DMZ available for access from the Internet as well as from the LAN, but does not make you vulnerable to attacks on the LAN from the Internet.
Note:The configuration procedure and notes on functions given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for your FRITZ!Box.
1 DMZ is not supported by the FRITZ!Box
FRITZ!Box does not support the implementation of a DMZ (demilitarized zone).
The term "DMZ" is often incorrectly used for the "exposed host" function. If you use the "exposed host" function, all of the ports are opened for a device (for example a computer) in the network.
The following step is only necessary if you would like to set up an "exposed host" for a device in the FRITZ!Box home network instead of a "DMZ":
- Click "Internet" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Permit Access" in the "Internet" menu.
- Click on the "Port Sharing" or "Port Forwarding" tab.
- Click "New Port Sharing" or "New Port Forwarding".
- Select "Exposed host" from the drop-down list "Port forwarding enabled for" or "Port sharing enabled for".
- Select the network device (for example a computer) that you would like to set up port sharing for:
- If the network device's IP address is dynamically assigned by the FRITZ!Box's DHCP server:
- Select the (computer) name of the network device from the drop-down list "to computer".
- If the network device has a static IP address:
- Select "Enter the IP address manually" from the drop-down list "to computer".
- Enter the IP address of the network device.
Important:Incoming connections to destination ports for which you configured separate port sharing rules in the FRITZ!Box are not forwarded to the "exposed host". Instead, they are forwarded to the computer you specified in the separate port sharing rule.
- Click "OK" to save the settings.