FRITZ!Box 7360 Service - Knowledge Base
Saving the settings and restoring them to the same FRITZ!Box
You can save the settings of your FRITZ!Box to a backup file; if you need to, you can then use this backup to either import all of the settings or only certain ones (for example wireless settings, FRITZ!Box users). In addition to manually creating a backup file as described here, you can also have the push service automatically save your settings for you. The "Save Settings" push service always sends you an email with a newly created backup file before each update and before the factory settings are loaded.
This guide shows you how to restore your settings to the same FRITZ!Box. You can also transfer your settings to another FRITZ!Box.
Note:The configuration procedure and notes on functions given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for your FRITZ!Box.
1 Saving settings
2 Restoring settings
- Click "System" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Backup" in the "System" menu.
- Click on the "Restore" tab.
- Click "Browse" and select the file "FRITZ.Box[...].export" with the settings you would like to restore.
- Enter the password you entered when saving the file.
- If you only want to restore certain settings, enable the option "Manually select the settings to be restored".
- Click the "Restore" button and confirm that the procedure may be executed on the FRITZ!Box, if you are asked to do so.
- If you want, enable the settings you would like to restore.
- Click "Apply".
Afterwards, you may then have to re-register all cordless telephones, DECT repeaters, and smart home devices, for example FRITZ!DECT 200 or radiator controls, with the FRITZ!Box.
Note:All of the settings for your cordless telephones remain intact if you use their menus to register them and not the "Manage Telephony Devices" wizard in the FRITZ!Box user interface.