FRITZ!Box 7360 Service - Knowledge Base
- FRITZ!Box 7590
- FRITZ!Box 7581
- FRITZ!Box 7560
- FRITZ!Box 7530
- FRITZ!Box 7490
- FRITZ!Box 7430
- FRITZ!Box 7390
- FRITZ!Box 7369
- FRITZ!Box 7340
- FRITZ!Box 7330
- FRITZ!Box 7272
- FRITZ!Box 6890 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6840 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6820 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6810 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6591 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6590 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 5491
- FRITZ!Box 5490
Occasional restarts: Several LEDs flash
The FRITZ!Box occasionally restarts. When this happens, all or several LEDs flash continuously. It restarts a few times a week, several times a day, or when specific events or actions occur, for example, but not constantly.
Important:If the FRITZ!Box constantly restarts, proceed as described in in this guide.
Simply proceed as described below. After each measure, check whether the problem persists.
1 Installing the latest FRITZ!OS
- Install the latest FRITZ!OS on your FRITZ!Box.
2 Using the correct power adapter
One of the most common causes of error is the use of an unsuitable power adapter for the FRITZ!Box:
- Use a suitable power adapter to plug in your FRITZ!Box.
3 Checking the cabling
If you are using the FRITZ!Box on an IP-based line without a conventional analog or ISDN landline, do not plug in the end of the Y-shaped cable for landline. Otherwise, interference is transmitted to the FRITZ!Box:
- Check whether the black end of the Y-shaped cable is plugged in somewhere. If so, unplug the cable.
4 Testing whether a USB device is interfering
The problem may be caused by a connected USB device:
- Remove all USB devices from the FRITZ!Box. If the problem no longer occurs, either a USB device or its cable is faulty, or a device consumes too much power.
- Reconnect the USB devices to the FRITZ!Box one by one to find out which device causes the problem.
- For testing purposes, use a USB hub with its own power supply (active USB hub) to connect the device causing interference to the FRITZ!Box.
- If the problem also occurs when using it with an active hub, replace the USB device.
5 Configuring file sharing software
The following steps are only necessary if you are using file sharing software (such as eMule, BitTorrent):
- In the file sharing software, decrease the number of simultaneous connections that are allowed.
6 Checking the FRITZ!Box and settings
Loading the factory settings
- Load the FRITZ!Box's factory settings.
Checking the settings
- Reconfigure the basic functions of the FRITZ!Box.
- Check whether the problem still occurs.
- If the problem no longer occurs, completely reconfigure the FRITZ!Box. The FRITZ!Box's settings were incorrect.
- If the problem still occurs, use the recovery tool to reset the FRITZ!Box. The FRITZ!Box is in an error state.
7 Enabling the automatic sending of error reports
If you configure your FRITZ!Box to automatically send error reports, we can use the data we receive to help eliminate the occurrence of sudden restarts in a future FRITZ!OS update, if the cause is reproducible and one we can eliminate. The error reports do not contain any personal information such as passwords or account information:
- Open the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Contents" on the bottom of the page.
- Click "AVM Services" at the very bottom of the next window.
- Enable the option "Diagnostics and Maintenance" ("Diagnose und Wartung").
- Click "OK" to save the settings.