FRITZ!Box 7360 Service - Knowledge Base
- FRITZ!Box 7590
- FRITZ!Box 7581
- FRITZ!Box 7560
- FRITZ!Box 7490
- FRITZ!Box 7430
- FRITZ!Box 7390
- FRITZ!Box 7369
- FRITZ!Box 7340
- FRITZ!Box 7330
- FRITZ!Box 7272
- FRITZ!Box 6890 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6840 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6820 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6810 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6590 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 5490
- FRITZ!Box 4040
- FRITZ!Box 4020
- FRITZ!Box 3490
- FRITZ!Box 3390
Wireless connection is only established with 130 Mbit/s instead of 300 Mbit/s
When your wireless device (for example a notebook, smartphone, game console) establishes wireless connections (WiFi) to the FRITZ!Box according to the wireless standard 802.11n, the throughput does not exceed 130 Mbit/s.
- A throughput of 300 Mbit/s can only be achieved when channels with a bandwidth of 40 MHz are used. Some wireless devices do not support channel widths of 40 MHz or must first be configured to do so.
Note:The configuration procedure and notes on functions given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for your FRITZ!Box.
Simply proceed as described below. After each measure, check whether the issue persists.
1 Configuring the wireless device to use 40 MHz channels
Perform the following step if the computer's wireless network adapter or the wireless device supports wireless channels with bandwidths of 40 MHz:
Note:You can find information on configuring the device in its manual, or consult its manufacturer directly.
- Configure the wireless network adapter or the wireless device so that it uses wireless channels with bandwidths of 40 MHz.
You can configure many Intel wireless network adapters for channels with bandwidths of 40 MHz. In order to do so, call up the properties of the wireless network adapter in the Windows Device Manager and select "auto" for "802.11n Channel Width for band 2.4":
2 Checking the event log of the FRITZ!Box
- Click "System" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Event Log" in the "System" menu.
- Select "Wireless" from the drop-down list.
- If the message "Wireless LAN transmission quality increased by reduced channel bandwidth [...]" is displayed, follow the instructions given in our guide FRITZ!Box reports "Wireless LAN transmission quality increased by reduced channel bandwidth".