- FRITZ!Box 6890 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6840 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6590 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 5491
- FRITZ!Box 5490
Transmission rate of LAN connections is only 100 Mbit/s
The maximum transmission rate of the LAN connection between the FRITZ!Box and a computer, NAS system, or other devices is 100 Mbit/s, although the device supports 1 Gbit/s (Gigabit Ethernet) and is connected to the "LAN 1" or "LAN 2" port on the FRITZ!Box.
Simply proceed as described below. After each measure, check whether the problem is solved.
Note:All instructions on configuration and settings given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box.
1 Adjusting the FRITZ!Box's LAN settings
- Click "Home Network" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Home Network Overview" in the "Home Network" menu.
- Click on the "Network Settings" tab.
- Enable the option "Power Mode" for all LAN ports that should achieve transmission rates of up to 1 Gbit/s.
- Click "Apply" to save the settings.
2 Testing a different cable
The device may be connected to the FRITZ!Box by means of a network cable that is too long, incorrectly wired, or defective:
- Use a high-quality network cable that is as short as possible (for example the yellow cable included with the FRITZ!Box) to connect the device to the FRITZ!Box.
Note:Any standard STP-type (Shielded Twisted Pair, 1:1) CAT5e Ethernet cable that is no longer than 100 m can be used to connect a device to the FRITZ!Box.
AVM Section Navigation