FRITZ!Box 7360 Service - Knowledge Base
Connecting FRITZ!Repeater with the FRITZ!Box home network via wireless LAN
Connect your FRITZ!Repeater to your FRITZ!Box via wireless LAN to easily and efficiently increase the wireless range of your home network. The FRITZ!Repeater automatically adopts all of the wireless settings from the FRITZ!Box, such as wireless access information and guest access, and can be used directly by all wireless devices in the home network.
You can safely set up the connection between the FRITZ!Repeater and FRITZ!Box by pushing a button (WPS, WiFi Protected Setup).
Fig.: Connection scenario for wireless bridge mode
Note:All instructions on configuration and settings given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box.
1 Loading the FRITZ!Repeater's factory settings
Before you can configure the following settings, you must return the FRITZ!Repeater to its factory settings:
- Load the FRITZ!Repeater's factory settings.
2 Connecting the FRITZ!Repeater with the FRITZ!Box
- For setup, plug the FRITZ!Repeater into an outlet near the FRITZ!Box.
- Wait until the "Power" and "WLAN" LEDs on the FRITZ!Repeater remain lit.
- Briefly push the "WPS" button on the FRITZ!Repeater (for about 1 second). The "WLAN" LED starts to flash after you release the button.
- Within 2 minutes: Push and hold the "WLAN" button on the FRITZ!Box for about 6 second until the "WLAN" LED flashes.
- One or more signal strength LEDs on the FRITZ!Repeater remain lit as soon as setup is completed.
3 Finding the ideal location for the FRITZ!Repeater
To optimally increase the range, the FRITZ!Repeater requires a fast and stable wireless connection to the FRITZ!Box:
- Depending on the FRITZ!Repeater model, select a location for the FRITZ!Repeater where at least three of its five signal strength LEDs light up or the signal strength LEDs light up green and not orange.
Note:If you have an Android smartphone or tablet, you can use FRITZ!App WLAN to find the ideal position for the FRITZ!Repeater.