Telephone connected to FRITZ!Box is dead
When you pick up the handset of a telephone connected to an analog extension of the FRITZ!Box, it does not make a sound (for example a dial tone or busy signal). The telephone is "dead".
Note:All instructions on configuration and settings given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box.
Simply proceed as described below. After each measure, check whether the problem is solved.
1 Plugging the FRITZ!Box in
- Plug the FRITZ!Box into a power outlet where other devices work.
2 Installing the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box
- Install the latest FRITZ!OS on the FRITZ!Box.
3 Testing a different analog telephone
- Disconnect the telephone from the FRITZ!Box.
- Connect a different telephone to the same socket on the FRITZ!Box.
- If you hear a sound, then the first telephone is defective or the telephone cable is damaged or incorrectly wired. Test a different cable or contact the manufacturer of the telephone.
- If you do not hear a sound, check whether the plug of the telephone is correctly wired. The two inner pins carry the analog signal of the RJ11 sockets of "FON 1" and "FON 2".
4 Restarting the FRITZ!Box
- Click "System" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Backup" in the "System" menu.
- Click on the "Restart" tab.
- Click the "Restart" button.
AVM Section Navigation