FRITZ!Box 7340 Service - Knowledge Base
Setting up a door intercom system in the FRITZ!Box
If the door to your house is equipped with a door intercom, you can connect a door intercom system to your PBX and simply use your telephone to operate the door opener.
Requirements / Restrictions
- The door intercom system must have an a/b interface that can call a number using tone-dialing when a button is pressed. Other 2-wire or 4-wire solutions are not supported.
Note:All instructions on configuration and settings given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box.
1 Configuring the FRITZ!Box
- Click "Telephony" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Telephony Devices" in the "Telephony" menu.
- If the analog extension (for example "FON 1") that you connected the door intercom system to is already listed, click the (Delete) button for the device.
- Click the "Configure New Device" button.
- Enable the option "Door intercom system with a/b interface" and click "Next".
- Select the port that the door intercom system is connected to and click "Next".
- When a bell button is pressed, the door intercom system calls the destination telephone number. In the "Extension number" fields, enter the numbers set for the individual doorbells in the door intercom system.
- Select the telephone or number the doorbell should be routed to from the "Route doorbells to" drop-down list:
Important:You can either select one or several internal numbers, or you can select an external number. You cannot combine internal and external numbers.
- If a specific telephone should ring, select the respective telephone.
- If you want all of the telephones (broadcast cal) should ring, select "All telephones".
- If an external telephone number (e.g. another telephone line, mobile telephone) should ring, select "Telephone number" and enter the destination telephone number.
- If more than one telephone connected to the FRITZ!Box (call group) should ring:
- Select the option "Telephone number".
- Enter the quick-dial number for an internal call group, for example 701.
- Click "Next" and then "Apply" to save the settings.