FRITZ!Box 7340 Service - Knowledge Base
- FRITZ!Box 7581
- FRITZ!Box 7560
- FRITZ!Box 7490
- FRITZ!Box 7430
- FRITZ!Box 7390
- FRITZ!Box 7369
- FRITZ!Box 7360
- FRITZ!Box 7330
- FRITZ!Box 7272
- FRITZ!Box 6840 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6820 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6810 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 5490
- FRITZ!Box 4040
- FRITZ!Box 4020
- FRITZ!Box 3390
- FRITZ!Box 3370
- FRITZ!Box 3272
- FRITZ!WLAN Repeater DVB-C
- FRITZ!WLAN Repeater 450E
Push service mails cannot be sent
The FRITZ!Box cannot send push service mails with connection data, usage data, configuration data, messages from its internal answering machine or faxes from its internal fax server.
One of the following error messages is displayed in the event log of the FRITZ!Box:
- "E-mail delivery failed: SMTP server reports [...]"
- "E-mail delivery failed: TCP error"
- "Sending of an e-mail message failed. Reason: authentication error."
- "Sending of an e-mail message failed. Reason: TCP error."
- The SMTP server entered in your FRITZ!Box for your e-mail provider does not respond to the connection request sent by the FRITZ!Box, for example due to incorrect account information or because your e-mail provider is experiencing technical difficulties.
Note:The configuration procedure and notes on functions given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for your FRITZ!Box.
1 Adjusting the e-mail account settings
Many providers employ special security mechanisms to protect their e-mail accounts. They may also prevent push service mails from being sent:
Adjusting your Google account settings
Adjusting your Microsoft account settings
Adjusting your Apple account settings
2 Setting up e-mail account information for push services
- Click "System" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Push Service" in the "System" menu.
- Click on the "Sender" tab.
- Click "Account Information - Additional Settings".
- Enter the user name for the e-mail account in the "E-mail user name" field.
- Enter the password for your e-mail account in the "Password" field.
Important:The password for your e-mail account is not the same as the password required to access your personal customer account data.
- Enter the SMTP server in the "SMTP server" field. If the SMTP port is not accessible over port 25, then you must also enter the port used by the server to communicate (for example 587, see fig.). Your e-mail provider can tell you what to enter for the SMTP server.
- Enable the option "This server supports a secure connection (SSL)" if the server supports it.
Fig.: Entering account information for push service
- Click "Apply" to save the settings.
- Click "Test Settings" in order to test whether you entered the account information correctly.
Important:First click "Apply" to save the settings, and then click "Test Settings" or "Testing Push Service" afterwards, as the information you entered will otherwise not be applied properly.
- A test e-mail is sent to the e-mail address you entered.
3 Contacting your provider
- Contact your e-mail provider.