FRITZ!Box 7340 Service - Knowledge Base
- FRITZ!Box 7590
- FRITZ!Box 7581
- FRITZ!Box 7560
- FRITZ!Box 7530
- FRITZ!Box 7490
- FRITZ!Box 7430
- FRITZ!Box 7390
- FRITZ!Box 7369
- FRITZ!Box 7360
- FRITZ!Box 7330
- FRITZ!Box 7272
- FRITZ!Box 6890 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6840 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6820 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6810 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6591 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6590 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 5491
- FRITZ!Box 5490
- FRITZ!Box 4040
- FRITZ!Box 4020
- FRITZ!Box 3490
- FRITZ!Box 3390
- FRITZ!Box 3370
- FRITZ!Box 3272
- FRITZ!WLAN Repeater DVB-C
Push service mails are not sent
Although the push service was configured according to our guide, the FRITZ!Box does not send any emails with connection data, usage data, configuration data, no messages from its internal answering machine, and no faxes from its internal fax server. One of the following error messages is displayed in the event log of the FRITZ!Box:
- "Email delivery failed: SMTP server reports [...]"
- "Email delivery failed: TCP error"
- "Sending of an email message failed. Reason: authentication error."
- "Sending of an email message failed. Reason: TCP error."
Note:All instructions on configuration and settings given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box.
1 Adjusting the email account settings
Many providers use special security mechanisms to protect their email accounts that prevent push service mails from being sent:
Adjusting your Google account settings
Adjusting your Microsoft account settings
Adjusting your Apple account settings
2 Enabling email sending in your email account
Some providers require you by default to use webmail instead of allowing you to use email clients to send email:
- Enabling use of external email client in your email account
Note:With some providers, you can enable this in the settings for POP3/IMAP access.
3 Correcting email account information in the FRITZ!Box
This error is often caused by incorrect email account information, for example an incorrect password. Therefore, enter this information again:
- Click "System" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Push Service" in the "System" menu.
- Click on the "Sender" tab.
- Enter your email address and password.
- Click "Account Information - Additional Settings".
Note:In most cases, the FRITZ!Box fills in the following information automatically. With smaller local providers, you have to enter it yourself. Refer to your email provider for the required information.
- Enter your user name and the name of your email provider's SMTP server.
- If the server cannot be reached over port 25, enter the port used by the server to communicate, for example 587 (see fig.).
- If the server supports SSL, enable the option "This server supports a secure connection (SSL)".
Fig.: Entering account information for push service
- Click "Apply" to save the settings.
- Click "Test Settings" to test whether you entered the account information correctly.
Important:Save the settings first and then click "Testing Push Service" or "Test Settings". Otherwise, the data will not be adopted correctly.
4 Contacting your provider
If the test email was not sent, then your account information is incorrect or there is a problem with your provider:
- Contact your email provider.