FRITZ!Box 7340 Service - Knowledge Base
- FRITZ!Box 7590
- FRITZ!Box 7583
- FRITZ!Box 7582
- FRITZ!Box 7581
- FRITZ!Box 7560
- FRITZ!Box 7530
- FRITZ!Box 7490
- FRITZ!Box 7430
- FRITZ!Box 7390
- FRITZ!Box 7369
- FRITZ!Box 7360
- FRITZ!Box 7330
- FRITZ!Box 7272
- FRITZ!Box 6890 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6840 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6820 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6810 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6591 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6590 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 5491
Error message "...limited or no connectivity"
An exclamation point is displayed next to the symbol for the LAN or wireless (WiFi) connection to the FRITZ!Box in the Windows taskbar (SysTray) on a Windows computer and the notification "... limited or no connectivity" is displayed. You cannot open the FRITZ!Box user interface (fritz.box) or access the internet over the FRITZ!Box with this computer.
Note:All instructions on configuration and settings given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box.
Simply proceed as described below. After each measure, check whether the problem persists.
1 Configuring the FRITZ!Box
- Use a network cable to connect the computer to the "LAN 2" port on the FRITZ!Box.
- If your computer is also connected to the FRITZ!Box over wireless LAN, clear the wireless connection to the FRITZ!Box.
Enabling the DHCP server
- Call up the address http://169.254.1.1 in a web browser.
- Click "Home Network" and then "Network".
- Click on the "Network Settings" tab.
- Click the "IPv4 Addresses" button. If the button is not displayed, enable the Advanced View first.
- Enable the DHCP server and define the range from which the FRITZ!Box assigns IP addresses.
Note:The FRITZ!Box has the IP address 192.168.178.1 (subnet mask 255.255.255.0) and assigns IP addresses from xxx.20 to xxx.200 in the factory settings.
- Click "OK" to save the settings.
2 Configuring the computer's firewall
A firewall can interfere with the communication between the computer and the FRITZ!Box:
- Configure the firewall on the computer so that it allows connections from the computer to the FRITZ!Box. Refer to the manufacturer of the firewall for information on how to set it up, for example consult the manual.
3 Checking the LAN connection to the FRITZ!Box
If you are experiencing connectivity problems with LAN connections, this may be caused by errors in the cabling, energy-saving functions, or intermediary devices such as hubs/switches, powerline adapters, or LAN/wireless LAN converters. Therefore, check the computer's LAN connection:
4 Reconfiguring the wireless connection
If you are using WEP encryption, you can establish a wireless connection to the FRITZ!Box even if you enter an invalid network key. However, no communication can occur with the FRITZ!Box.
The following step is only necessary if the computer and the FRITZ!Box are connected by means of a WEP-encrypted wireless connection:
ATTENTION!WEP encryption is not secure! Use secure WPA encryption if your wireless devices support this standard.
- Reconfigure the wireless connection to the FRITZ!Box.