FRITZ!Box 7340 Service - Knowledge Base
Connecting the FRITZ!Repeater with the FRITZ!Box via wireless LAN
Connect your FRITZ!Repeater to your FRITZ!Box via wireless LAN to easily and efficiently increase the wireless range (WiFi) of your home network. The FRITZ!Repeater automatically adopts all of the wireless settings from the FRITZ!Box, such as wireless access information and guest access, and can be used directly by all wireless devices in the home network.
You can safely set up the connection between the FRITZ!Repeater and FRITZ!Box by pushing a button (WPS, WiFi Protected Setup).
Fig.: Connection scenario for wireless bridge mode
Note:All instructions on configuration and settings given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box.
1 Loading the FRITZ!Repeater's factory settings
In order to perform the following steps, the FRITZ!Repeater must be set to factory settings:
- Load the FRITZ!Repeater's factory settings.
2 Connecting the FRITZ!Repeater with the FRITZ!Box
- For setup, place the FRITZ!Repeater near the FRITZ!Box.
- Wait about 1 minute until the "Power" LED and "WLAN" LED on the FRITZ!Repeater remain lit or the "Connect" LED on the FRITZ!Repeater flashes more slowly.
- Briefly push the "WPS" or "Connect" button on the FRITZ!Repeater (for about 1 second) and let go of it again. The "WLAN" LED starts to flash or the "Connect" LED starts to flash quickly after you release the button.
- Within 2 minutes: Push and hold down the "WLAN" button on the FRITZ!Box for about 6 second until the "WLAN" LED flashes.
- One or more signal strength LEDs on the FRITZ!Repeater remain lit or the LED for connection quality glows green as soon as setup is completed.
3 Finding the ideal location for the FRITZ!Repeater
To optimally increase the range, the FRITZ!Repeater requires a fast and stable wireless connection to the FRITZ!Box:
- Position the FRITZ!Repeater so that, depending on the FRITZ!Repeater model, at least three of its five signal strength LEDs light up or the LED for connection quality glows green and not orange.