- FRITZ!Box 7590
- FRITZ!Box 7583 VDSL
- FRITZ!Box 7583
- FRITZ!Box 7582
- FRITZ!Box 7581
- FRITZ!Box 7560
- FRITZ!Box 7530 AX
- FRITZ!Box 7330
- FRITZ!Box 7272
- FRITZ!Box 6660 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6591 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6590 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable
Cannot access the internet with a mobile broadband dongle
The FRITZ!Box cannot connect to the internet by means of a mobile broadband dongle connected to it that complies with the mobile standard UMTS/HSPA (3G).
Simply proceed as described below. After each measure, check whether the problem is solved.
Note:All instructions on configuration and settings given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box.
1 FRITZ!Box does not detect a mobile broadband dongle
- Click "Home Network" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "USB Devices" in the "Home Network" menu.
- Check whether the mobile broadband dongle is displayed under "Overview of Devices".
- If the mobile broadband dongle is not displayed, follow the steps in our guide FRITZ!Box does not detect a mobile broadband dongle.
2 Entering your account information in the FRITZ!Box
The FRITZ!Box does not connect to the internet if no account information has been entered. Therefore, enter account information in the FRITZ!Box even if it is not required to use your mobile network operators's internet connection.
- Click "Internet" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Mobile Network" ("Mobile Communications") in the "Internet" menu.
- Enter a character string of your choice in the "User name" and "Password" fields.
- Click "Apply" to save the settings.
3 Huawei E3372h-320 is not supported
The mobile broadband dongle E3372h-320 from Huawei cannot be used with the FRITZ!Box's USB port because this mobile broadband dongle does not support all of the common AT commands and can therefore not be controlled by the FRITZ!Box.
4 Vodafone K5006-Z is not supported.
The mobile broadband dongle MF821 from ZTE, marketed under the name K5006-Z by Vodafone, cannot be used with the FRITZ!Box's USB port. This mobile broadband dongle only supports the proprietary QMI protocol (Qualcomm MSM Interface) and not the PPP protocol required by the FRITZ!Box.
AVM Section Navigation