FRITZ!Box 7340 Service - Knowledge Base
Cannot access the Internet via the mobile network (UMTS)
The FRITZ!Box cannot connect to the Internet by means of a mobile broadband dongle connected to it that complies with the mobile standard UMTS/HSPA (3G).
Note:The configuration procedure and notes on functions given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for your FRITZ!Box.
Simply proceed as described below. After each measure, check whether the issue persists.
1 FRITZ!Box does not detect a mobile broadband dongle
- Click "Home Network" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "USB Devices" in the "Home Network" menu.
- Check whether the mobile broadband dongle is displayed under "Overview of Devices".
- If the mobile broadband dongle is not displayed:
2 Entering your account information in the FRITZ!Box
The FRITZ!Box does not connect to the Internet if no account information has been entered. Therefore, enter account information in the FRITZ!Box even if it is not required to use your mobile network operators's Internet connection.
- Click "Internet" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Mobile Communications" in the "Internet" menu.
- Enter a character string of your choice in the "User name" and "Password" fields.
- Click "Apply" to save your settings.
3 Error caused by Huawei UMTS stick E1550
The FRITZ!Box does not obtain a DNS server from your mobile broadband dongle if you are using the mobile broadband dongle Huawei E1550. This means that it cannot resolve the names of Internet addresses (for example www.avm.de) and access Internet servers. This is caused by an error in the mobile broadband dongle's firmware.
- Consult your Internet service provider or Huawei for a solution.
Note:According to our experience, the error does not occur when using the Huawei mobile broadband dongle E1550 with version 11.608.10.00.47 of the firmware.