FRITZ!Box 7330 Service - Knowledge Base
Using a network printer in the FRITZ!Box home network
If your printer is equipped with a network port or wireless LAN, you can simply connect it to a LAN port or the wireless network (WiFi) of your FRITZ!Box. The printer is then available to the entire home network. Since the printer itself accepts all of the print jobs and processes them, you do not have to configure any settings for the printer in the FRITZ!Box.
Important:If your printer is only equipped with a USB port, configure the printer as described in this guide.
1 Configuring the FRITZ!Box
Enabling the DHCP server
The FRITZ!Box is configured as a DHCP server in the factory settings. If you disabled the FRITZ!Box's DHCP server, configure the following settings:
- Click "Home Network" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Network" in the "Home Network" menu.
- Click on the "Network Settings" tab.
- Click the "IPv4 Addresses" button.
- Enable the DHCP server and define the range from which the FRITZ!Box assigns IP addresses.
Note:The FRITZ!Box has the IP address 192.168.178.1 (subnet mask 255.255.255.0) and assigns IP addresses from xxx.20 to xxx.200 in the factory settings.
- Click "OK" to save the settings.
Allowing wireless devices to communicate
The following step is only necessary if you would like to connect the printer to the FRITZ!Box over wireless LAN:
- Click "Wireless" ("WLAN") in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Security" in the "Wireless" ("WLAN") menu.
- Enable the option "The active wireless devices displayed below may communicate with each other" in the "Additional Security Settings" section.
- Click "Apply" to save the settings.
2 Setting up the printer
The printer needs specific IP settings in order to communicate with the FRITZ!Box and other devices:
- Configure the printer to automatically obtain IP settings (DHCP client). Refer to the manufacturer for information on how to set it up, for example consult the manual.
3 Connecting a printer to the FRITZ!Box
- Use a network cable to connect the printer to a LAN port on the FRITZ!Box,
- or, if the printer is equipped with wireless LAN:
- Connect the printer to the FRITZ!Box's wireless network.
The printer is now connected to the FRITZ!Box and can be used as a network printer in the entire home network.
Refer to the printer manufacturer for further information on how to set up the printer, for example consult the manual.