- FRITZ!Box 7590
- FRITZ!Box 7583
- FRITZ!Box 7582
- FRITZ!Box 7581
- FRITZ!Box 7560
- FRITZ!Box 7530
- FRITZ!Box 7490
- FRITZ!Box 7430
- FRITZ!Box 7390
- FRITZ!Box 7369
- FRITZ!Box 7360
- FRITZ!Box 7340
- FRITZ!Box 7272
- FRITZ!Box 6890 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6850 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6840 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6660 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6591 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6590 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 5530 Fiber
- FRITZ!Box 5491
Using an IP telephone or internet telephony software with the FRITZ!Box
IP telephones are available as telephony devices (hardphones), as a combination of an adapter and a regular telephone, or as a software solution for your computer. There are two different ways to use an IP telephone or internet telephony software with the FRITZ!Box:
- You can register the IP telephone or the internet telephony software directly with the FRITZ!Box as a telephony device. If the FRITZ!Box is connected to a landline, you can use it to make calls over the internet as well as from the landline. In addition, you can conduct internal calls with other telephones connected to the FRITZ!Box.
- The IP telephone or the internet telephony software itself establishes the connection to the internet telephony provider and only uses the internet connection of the FRITZ!Box for this. You can then only make calls over the internet with this telephone.
1 Registering an IP telephone or internet telephony software with the FRITZ!Box
- Register the IP telephone or the internet telephony software with the FRITZ!Box as a telephone device.
Important:With the internet telephony software Skype, you can establish a call on your computer and then use a headset to talk. However, you cannot use Skype with a telephone connected to the FRITZ!Box. The FRITZ!Box uses the common protocol SIP for internet telephony, but Skype uses its own protocol.
2 IP telephone or internet telephony software establishes the connection itself
- In the FRITZ!Box user interface, disable the option "Prevent use of internet telephony from the home network" under "Telephony > Telephone Numbers > Line Settings" in the section "Security".
- If you have to share ports in the FRITZ!Box for the IP telephone or the internet telephony software, share these ports in the user Interface under "Internet > Permit Access > Port Sharing (Port Forwarding)". The manufacturer of the telephone or the software and your internet telephony provider can tell you whether ports must be shared and if so, which ports.
Important:Port 5060 can only be forwarded if no internet telephone numbers have been entered in the FRITZ!Box. Otherwise, the port is reserved for internet telephony with the FRITZ!Box.
- If your internet telephony provider has a STUN server, enter its name in the connection settings for the IP telephone or software.
- If you cannot make or receive calls after setup, contact the manufacturer. You may need to configure additional settings. Since the telephone or the software establishes the connection to the internet telephony provider itself and only uses the FRITZ!Box's internet connection, you cannot and do not have to configure any settings in the FRITZ!Box. Therefore, the FRITZ!Box cannot resolve this issue.
AVM Section Navigation