- FRITZ!Box 7590
- FRITZ!Box 7583 VDSL
- FRITZ!Box 7583
- FRITZ!Box 7582
- FRITZ!Box 7581
- FRITZ!Box 7560
- FRITZ!Box 7530 AX
- FRITZ!Box 7530
- FRITZ!Box 7490
- FRITZ!Box 7430
- FRITZ!Box 7390
- FRITZ!Box 7369
- FRITZ!Box 7360
- FRITZ!Box 7340
- FRITZ!Box 7272
- FRITZ!Box 6890 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6850 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6840 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6820 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6810 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6660 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6591 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6590 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 5530 Fiber
FRITZ!Box user interface cannot be opened
You can't access the FRITZ!Box, the user interface doesn't open when you enter fritz.box? ✔ Here's what to do.
What should you do if the FRITZ!Box user interface does not open when you enter fritz.box?
If you cannot open the user interface on your computer, tablet or smartphone, this is usually due to incorrect settings of the FRITZ!Box or the network device.
Simply proceed as described below. After each measure, check whether you are now able to open the user interface.
1 Notes on the connection between the device and FRITZ!Box
2 Calling up the complete address
Some web browsers start a web search if you enter an unknown or incomplete address, for example Google Chrome using Google. To prevent this, you must enter the complete address http://fritz.box.
Fig.: Entering the complete address of the user interface in the address field of the web browser
3 Clearing browsing data (cache)
Clear the cache of the web browser on computers with Windows or macOS:
- Press "CTRL + Shift + Del" on the keyboard at the same time, or press "CMD + Alt + E" for Safari.
- In the new window, click "Clear" or press Enter.
4 Restarting the FRITZ!Box
- Unplug the FRITZ!Box for 5 seconds.
Note:The FRITZ!Box settings are retained when you unplug it. The restart takes about 2 minutes. During this time, you cannot access the FRITZ!Box.
5 Configuring the device to automatically obtain IP settings
Incorrect IP settings for the network device can prevent the user interface from being opened:
- Configure the device to automatically obtain IP settings via DHCP.
6 Using the "emergency IP" to open the user interface
- Check whether you can use the emergency IP address http://169.254.1.1 to open the user interface. If the user interface does not open, connect a device to a LAN port on the FRITZ!Box and check again.
- If the FRITZ!Box user interface opens, follow the steps in our guide Why can the FRITZ!Box user interface only be opened using the emergency IP address?.
- If the user interface cannot be opened at all, continue with the next section.
7 Testing a different device
- Check whether you can open the user interface with a different device.
- If the user interface opens, use the other device to open the user interface. The settings of the first device are incorrect or the device is not working correctly.
- If the user interface does not open, use the recovery tool to reset the FRITZ!Box. The FRITZ!Box is in an error state.
AVM Section Navigation