FRITZ!Box 7330 Service - Knowledge Base
Accessing the Internet over a VPN connection to the FRITZ!Box
With the FRITZ!VPN software you can establish a secure VPN (Virtual Private Network) connection over the Internet from a Windows computer to your FRITZ!Box and then access all of the network devices and services in the FRITZ!Box network.
Any time a computer with FRITZ!VPN accesses the Internet, it should do so over the VPN connection, thus using the remote FRITZ!Box's Internet connection.
1 Downloading and installing "Configure FRITZ!Box VPN Connection"
The latest version of the Configure FRITZ!Box VPN Connection software allows you to define whether Internet access over a VPN connection should be permitted when generating VPN configuration files:
Note:The Configure FRITZ!Box VPN Connection software is available for computers with Windows 10 / 8 / 7 (64-bit and 32-bit).
- Call up our VPN service page in a web browser.
- Download the Configure FRITZ!Box VPN Connection software and install it.
2 Deleting VPN connections and reconfiguring them
The following steps are only necessary if you have already configured VPN connections to the FRITZ!Box:
Important:When configuring new VPN connections, make sure to enable the option "Send all data over the VPN tunnel" so that all Internet queries from the computer with FRITZ!VPN are forwarded via the remote FRITZ!Box whenever a VPN connection is active.
- Delete the VPN connection in the Configure FRITZ!Box VPN Connection software.
- Delete the VPN connection in the FRITZ!VPN software and in the FRITZ!Box.
- Reconfigure a VPN connection between FRITZ!VPN and the FRITZ!Box.