FRITZ!Box 7330 Service - Knowledge Base
- FRITZ!Box 7590
- FRITZ!Box 7583
- FRITZ!Box 7582
- FRITZ!Box 7581
- FRITZ!Box 7560
- FRITZ!Box 7530
- FRITZ!Box 7490
- FRITZ!Box 7430
- FRITZ!Box 7390
- FRITZ!Box 7369
- FRITZ!Box 7360
- FRITZ!Box 7340
- FRITZ!Box 7272
- FRITZ!Box 6890 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6840 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6820 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6810 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6591 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6590 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 5491
Setting up a DMZ with the FRITZ!Box
A DMZ (demilitarized zone) refers to a special network that can be accessed from the internet as well as from the local network (LAN). A firewall completely blocks all access from the DMZ to the LAN. This concept allows you to make server services (such as email servers) in the DMZ available for access from the internet as well as from the LAN, but does not make you vulnerable to attacks on the LAN from the internet.
Note:All instructions on configuration and settings given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box.
1 The FRITZ!Box does not support DMZ
FRITZ!Box does not support the implementation of a DMZ (demilitarized zone).
The term "DMZ" is often incorrectly used for the "exposed host" function. If you use the "exposed host" function, all of the ports are opened for a device in the network.
The following step is only necessary if you would like to set up an "exposed host" for a device in the FRITZ!Box home network instead of a "DMZ":
Important:Incoming connections to destination ports for which you configured separate port sharing rules are not forwarded to the "exposed host". Instead, they are forwarded to the device specified in the separate port sharing rule.
- Click "Internet" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Permit Access" in the "Internet" menu.
- Click on the "Port Sharing" or "Port Forwarding" tab.
- Click "New Port Sharing" or "New Port Forwarding".
- Select "Exposed host" from the drop-down list "Port sharing enabled for" or "Port forwarding enabled for".
- From the drop-down list "to computer", select the (computer) name of the device that you would like to set up the exposed host for. If the device does not obtain its IP settings from the FRITZ!Box:
- Select "Enter the IP address manually" from the drop-down list "to computer".
- Enter the IP address of the device.
- Click "OK" to save the settings.