FRITZ!Box 7330 Service - Knowledge Base
Error message "Login failed [...]" when just a password is needed to access FRITZ!Box
Access to the FRITZ!Box is denied when you enter the password.
One of the following error messages is displayed:
- "Login failed. The login data are incorrect or do not have authorization for this area."
- "Login failed. Did you make a typing error, or do you not have the right to access this area?"
- The user name and/or the password is incorrect, or the user does not have the authorization to access that particular area of the FRITZ!Box.
1 Setting a new password for FRITZ!NAS
You can only access FRITZ!NAS if you enter the password for the corresponding FRITZ!Box user ("ftpuser" or "ftpuser-internet"), but not if you enter the password for the FRITZ!Box user interface.
Therefore, the following steps are only necessary if access to FRITZ!NAS is denied:
- Click "System" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "FRITZ!Box Password" in the "System" menu.
- Click on the "FRITZ!Box Users" tab.
- If you would like to access FRITZ!NAS from the home network or over a VPN connection, click the button (Edit) for the user "ftpuser".
- if you would like to access FRITZ!NAS from the Internet, click the button (Edit) for the user "ftpuser-internet".
- Enter a password of your choice in the "Password" field in the "Users" section.
- Click "OK".
2 Forgot password
The following steps are only necessary if you forgot the user name or password and are therefore no longer able to access the FRITZ!Box user interface at all and change settings: