Connecting FRITZ!Powerline with the FRITZ!Box via LAN
Connect your FRITZ!Powerline adapter to your FRITZ!Box via LAN to add an additional wireless access point to your home network quickly and easily. This way you will have ideal Wi-Fi reception and high-speed connections to the internet and home network, even when outside the Wi-Fi range of your FRITZ!Box.
If you use the same Wi-Fi settings in the FRITZ!Powerline adapter and the FRITZ!Box, your wireless devices automatically connect with the Wi-Fi network with the strongest signal (Wi-Fi roaming).
Fig.: Connection scenario for LAN bridge mode
Note:All instructions on configuration and settings given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box.
1 Loading the factory settings of the FRITZ!Powerline adapter
In order to perform the following steps, the FRITZ!Powerline adapter must be set to factory settings:
- Plug the FRITZ!Powerline adapter into a power outlet and wait until the "Power" LED or "WLAN" LED remains lit.
- Push the corresponding button on the device:
Model Button Duration FRITZ!Powerline 1260E Connect 15 seconds FRITZ!Powerline 1240E WLAN - WPS
Powerline - Security
15 seconds FRITZ!Powerline 1220E / 1000E Powerline · Security 10-15 seconds FRITZ!Powerline 546E / 540E WLAN · WPS und Powerline · Security 10 seconds FRITZ!Powerline 530E / 510E Security 12 seconds FRITZ!Powerline 520E / 500E Reset 2 seconds
- During this process, all of the LEDs flash once. The "Power" LED or "WLAN" LED remains lit as soon as the factory settings have finished loading.
2 Connecting the FRITZ!Powerline adapter with the home network
- Use a network cable to connect the FRITZ!Powerline adapter to a LAN port in your home network (for example on FRITZ!Box or FRITZ!Repeater).
3 Setting up the FRITZ!Powerline adapter as a LAN bridge
- Click "Access to Home Network" in the user interface of FRITZ!Powerline.
- Click the "Change the Type of Connection" button in the "Access to Home Network" menu.
- Enable the option "LAN bridge" and click "Next".
- Select which IP settings the FRITZ!Powerline adapter should use and click "Next".
- Accept the preset Wi-Fi settings of the FRITZ!Powerline adapter or configure individual Wi-Fi settings and click "Next".
- Click "Finish" to save the settings.
AVM Section Navigation