FRITZ!Box 7330 Service - Knowledge Base
Using an analog PBX with the FRITZ!Box
Devices connected to your analog PBX can use all of the telephone numbers that were entered in the FRITZ!Box. To do so, you must connect the PBX to the FRITZ!Box and configure both devices for use at the same time.
Note:All instructions on configuration and settings given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box.
1 Configuring telephone numbers in the FRITZ!Box
First, configure all of your telephone numbers in the FRITZ!Box:
Configuring internet telephone numbers
- Configure your internet telephone numbers in the FRITZ!Box.
Configuring a landline number
- Configure your landline number in the FRITZ!Box.
Configuring a mobile telephone number
- Configure your mobile telephone number in the FRITZ!Box.
2 Connecting the PBX to the FRITZ!Box
- Connect the PBX to the analog extension on the FRITZ!Box.
3 Configuring the PBX in the FRITZ!Box
- Click "Telephony" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Telephony Devices" in the "Telephony" menu.
- Click the "Configure New Device" button.
- Enable the option "Telephone (with or without answering machine)" and click "Next".
- Select the port "FON 1", click "Next", and follow the instructions. The wizard takes you through the configuration of your PBX.