FRITZ!Box 7272 Service - Knowledge Base
FRITZ!NAS does not display all available files and folders
Not all files or folders on a USB storage device connected to the FRITZ!Box are displayed on http://fritz.nas. When you use the Windows Explorer to access the USB storage device or connect the USB storage device to a computer, all of the files and folders are displayed.
Note:The configuration procedure and notes on functions given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for your FRITZ!Box.
1 Updating the file index
The FRITZ!Box only indexes files automatically if they are copied to http://fritz.nas using a web browser. Files copied to a USB storage device connected to the FRITZ!Box using the Windows Explorer or other applications are not displayed until the FRITZ!Box's file index is updated.
Use the FRITZ!Box user interface, a FRITZ!Fon, or a playback device or software that supports UPnP (for example a smartphone with FRITZ!App Media) to update it:
Updating the file index using the FRITZ!Box user interface
- Click "Home Network" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Storage (NAS)" in the "Home Network" menu.
- In the table "Storage on the FRITZ!Box", click on "not created" or "was created" for every storage listed that contains files.
Using FRITZ!Fon to update the file index
- Press the "Menu" key on the telephone.
- Select "Home Network" and then press "OK".
- "Media player" > "OK" > "AVM FRITZ!Mediaserver" > "OK" > "File index" > "OK" > "Start Indexing"
Updating the file index using UPnP
- Call up the FRITZ!Box media server on a playback device or software that supports UPnP.
- Click "File Index" and then "Start Indexing".