FRITZ!Box 7272 Service - Knowledge Base
Setting up a live image from FRITZ!App Cam for FRITZ!Fon
Not only can you use FRITZ!App Cam to follow what is happening in front of your Android smartphone or tablet in a web browser, you can also watch it on your FRITZ!Fon. The camera image is shown on the telephone's display as an image sequence without sound.
Requirements / Restrictions
- A FRITZ!Fon with a color display is being used.
- The FRITZ!Box must establish the Internet connection itself and may not use its own certificate, for example for HTTPS Internet access to the user interface.
Note:The configuration procedure and notes on functions given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for your FRITZ!Box.
1 Configuring the FRITZ!Box
DECT encryption must be enabled in order to use the convenience functions offered by your FRITZ!Fon:
- Click "DECT" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Base Station" in the "DECT" menu.
- Enable the option "Permit only secure DECT connections (recommended)" in the "Security" section.
- Click "Apply" to save your settings.
- If the option was disabled, you must then restart the FRITZ!Box once using the user interface ("System > Backup > Restart").
2 Setting up FRITZ!App Cam
Currently you can only use the live view function with FRITZ!Fon if access to the camera image in FRITZ!App Cam is not secured with a password or the https protocol:
- Start FRITZ!App Cam. If FRITZ!App Cam is not installed, set the app up as described in this guide.
- Tap the menu icon on the top right to open the "Settings" menu, and then tap "Settings".
- Tap "Connection" in the "Settings" menu.
- If access to the camera image is protected with a password, delete the password.
- Enable the option "HTTP" in the "Security" section and then tap "Save".
- Tap "MyFRITZ! sharing" in the "Settings" menu.
- Enable the MyFRITZ! sharing and then tap the "Save" button to complete the configuration.
3 Setting up FRITZ!Fon
- Press the "Menu" key on the telephone.
- Select "Home Network" and then press "OK".
- "Live Image" > "New Entry" > "FRITZ!App Cam"
- Only if the live image should be refreshed more often than every 60 seconds:
- "Options" > "Edit" > "OK"
- For "interval (in s)", enter the number of seconds after which a new image from FRITZ!App Cam should be loaded and press "Save".
Now the live image is shown on the display of your FRITZ!Fon.